SUP, Archaeological Sites & Mountain Bike Excursion
The SUP, Archaeological Sites & Mountain Bike Excursion tour is the perfect combination tour of archaeology & adventure! The tour starts from Cusco with private transportation from your hotel to the serene Laguna Huaypo. The lake is surrounded by pristine Peruvian countryside and snow-capped mountain peaks can be seen in the distance. Here we will receive instruction from the guide and then try our hand at stand-up paddle boarding! After working up an appetite on the water we will have a gourmet picnic lunch served on the banks of the lake.
Our next adventure will be downhill mountain biking through the picturesque countryside with vistas of the Sacred Valley surrounding us. The final destination of our ride will be at the Moray Archaeological Site. This site is renowned for its beautifully constructed concentric circle terraces. The backdrop of the terraces are the peaks of the mountains of the Sacred Valley below. Your guide will give a narration of the history and culture significance of this site.
Directly following our excursion at the Moray Archaeological Site we will then board the private vehicle and be on our way to the Maras Salt Mine. This location was pre-Incan salt mine that is still being utilized today for the same purpose. The guide will conduct a brief tour and we will have the opportunity to take pictures of the mines. It will then be time to board our private vehicle back to Cusco.
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
7:30 AM – 5:30 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Approximate 1.5-Hour SUP Session
– 1.5 – 2 Hour Bike Ride
– Entrance Fee to Maras Salt Mines
– All Equipment
– Gourmet Picnic Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
– Guide Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion & Not Solicited)
– Entrance Fee to Moray Archaeological Site is not included. (Typically guests visiting Cusco will have purchased the Tourist Ticket that includes entrance to Moray. Should guests need to purchase this ticket we can assist.)
– Minimum age to participate is 10 years old.
– Height & weight of participants must be provided in advance.
– No SUP or mountain bike experience is required to participate in this activity.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Please note that all activities are weather permitting and subject to change.
– Activities can be customized for the needs of the group.
Days of Operation:
– March – December (Daily – Excluding Christmas Eve)
– $180.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4+ Guests)
– $210.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 3 Guests)
– $260.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)