Huchuy Qosqo Trek & Horseback Adventure
The Huchuy Qosqo Trek & Horseback Adventure is an incredible way to explore the unspoiled beauty of this region! Guests will be picked-up from the hotel by their private guide and embark on a scenic drive through the countryside to the trailhead, located near Piuray Lake. From here, the trek will traverse through various Andean landscapes offering stunning views of the surrounding mountains! After an approximate 3 – 4 hour trek, guests will arrive at Huchuy Qosqo – an intricately constructed archaeological site that overlooks the Sacred Valley of the Incas! A gourmet box lunch will be served and guests will then have time to explore the ruins and marvel at the views. The horses will be awaiting the group’s arrival & it will then be time to saddle-up to enjoy an approximate 2-hour descent into the Sacred Valley of the Incas! The final destination will be a rustic, family-owned ranch where the group will be greeted with refreshments of fresh squeezed juice and snacks. That will conclude our beautiful day experiencing a unique destination in this region and the private vehicle will then return the group to their hotel – either in Cusco or the Sacred Valley.
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Highest Elevation: 4,500 Meters / 14,760 Feet
Duration: 3-4 Hours (Depending on Skill Level & Acclimatization of Group)
6:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– 3 – 4 Hour Trek to Huchuy Qosqo
– Exploration of Huchuy Qosqo Archaeological Site
– 2-Hour Horseback Ride from Huchuy Qosqo into the Sacred Valley of the Incas
– Gourmet Box Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– All Entrance Fees
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
– Guide Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion & Not Solicited)
– Minimum age to participate is 10 years old.
– Tour can be conducted with a full day of horseback to Huchuy Qosqo from Calca.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Experience can be customized for the specific needs of the group.
Days of Operation:
– March – December (Daily – Excluding Christmas Day)
$200.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$225.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$255.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 3 Guests)
$270.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
*All pictures are compliments of Manolo Yeret