Salkantay Glacier Lake Trek
The Salkantay Glacier Lake Trek is the perfect way to spend an entire day trekking through the beautiful Andes Mountains! The trail follows the same route as the famed Salkantay Trek (an alternate Inca Trail). Peru Eco Expeditions offers trekkers the opportunity to hike to the gorgeous Salkantay Pass in just one day. After walking through a high Andean Valley that offers breathtaking views of the snow-capped Andes, trekkers will then ascend to Salkantay Pass located at 4,630 meters (15,190 feet). From this point they will then deviate to the glacial moraine above a turquoise lake fed by the Salkantay glacier. Absolutely stunning views abound in every direction of this trek!
*Note: This trek is for experienced hikers only and requires a minimum (3) day acclimatization in Cusco.
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Starting Elevation: 3,900 Meters / 12,795 Feet
Highest Elevation: 4,630 Meters / 15,190 Feet
Length: 15 KM (9.32 Miles) / Roundtrip
Duration: 6 – 7 Hours (Depending on Skill Level of the Group)
4:30 AM – 6:30 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– 6 – 7 Hour Roundtrip Trek
– Box Breakfast with Beverage
– Gourmet Box Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– Entrance Fee to Mollepata
– First Aid Kit
– Guide Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion & Not Solicited)
– Minimum age to participate is 12 years old.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Trek can be customized for the needs of the group.
Days of Operation:
– April – November (Daily)
$135.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4+ Guests)
$160.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 3 Guests)
$195.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
**A safety horse can be added on for an additional $40.00 USD