Inti Punku (Sun Gate) Trek
The Inti Punku (Sun Gate) Trek is not to be missed by avid trekkers! Join us for a stunning trek up the slopes of one of the most gorgeous mountains in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Enjoy sweeping views of the Urubamba River, Ollantaytambo archaeological site and the very prominent snow-capped Veronica Mountain. The tour will begin with private transportation from the guests’ hotel. They will then be transported directly to the Sacred Valley of the Incas to begin the ascent. The trail follows a set of steep switch backs that lead to Inti Punku or the Sun Gate, which was a sacred Incan site. Along the way, trekkers will pass directly through Cachicata, which served as the quarry for Ollantaytambo Archaeological Site. The private guide will provide narration throughout the trek in regards to the history and culture of both this region as well as the importance of this site to the Inca. After enjoying the 360 degree views from Inti Punku, guests will return to the base of the valley below and be transported to their hotel after an amazing experience in the Andes!
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Length: 16 KM (9.94 Miles) / Roundtrip
Duration: 6 – 8 Hours (Depending on Skill Level of the Group)
7:00 AM – 6:30 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Approximate 6-8 Hour Trek
– Gourmet Box Lunch & Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
– Guide Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion & Not Solicited)
– Minimum age to participate is 10 years old.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Trek can be customized to suit the needs of the group.
– An Additional Safety Horse Can Be Added on For An Additional Cost
Days of Operation:
– Daily (Excluding Christmas & New Year’s Day)
$110.00 USD Per Person (Based on a Minimum of 4+ Participants)
$135.00 USD Per Person (Based on a Minimum of 3 Participants)
$180.00 USD Per Person (Based on a Minimum of 2 Participants)