Inti Punku (Sun Gate) Trek
Inti Punku (Sun Gate) Trek is not to be missed by avid hikers! Join us for a stunning hike up the slopes of one of the most beautiful mountains in the Sacred Valley. Enjoy sweeping views of the Urubamba River, Ollantaytambo archaeological site and the very prominent snow-capped Veronica Mountain. Our tour will begin with private transportation from your hotel and we will drive directly to the Sacred Valley of the Inca to begin our ascent.
This trail follows a set of steep switch backs that lead to Inti Punku or the Sun Gate, which is an Incan archaeological site. Along the way we will also pass directly through the Inca Quarries, which served as the quarry for the entire archaeological site of Ollantaytambo. Your personal guide will provide narration throughout the trek in regards to the history and culture of both this region as well as the importance of this site to the Inca. A gourmet box lunch & beverage will be provided to each hiker.
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Length: 16 KM (9.94 Miles) / Roundtrip
Duration: 6 – 8 Hours (Depending on Skill Level of the Group)
7:00 AM – 6:30 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation to/from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Approximate 6-8 Hour Hike
– Gourmet Box Lunch & Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
– Guide Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion & Not Solicited)
– Minimum age to participate is 10 years old.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Trek can be customized to suit the needs of the group.
– An Additional Safety Horse Can Be Added on For An Additional Cost
Days of Operation:
– March – December (Daily – Excluding Christmas Eve)
$110.00 USD Per Person (Based on a Minimum of 4+ Participants)
$135.00 USD Per Person (Based on a Minimum of 3 Participants)
$180.00 USD Per Person (Based on a Minimum of 2 Participants)