Maukallaqta & Puma Orqo Trek
The Maukallaqta & Puma Orqo Trek is the perfect day trek for those adventure travelers who want to see the true, unspoiled Peru. This fascinating site boasts impeccable stonemasonry, sweeping views of the surrounding Andes and a feeling of solitude that has been lost in the more prominent archaeological sites around Cusco. The trek itself starts off with a long descent into the pristine valley below – called Wayracpunku, which means The Wind Gate. The valley will serve as the lunch spot prior to the ascent to Maukallaqta & Puma Orqo. The private guide will provide interesting narration on the history and legends surrounding these two areas and guests will enjoy being completely immersed into the untouched countryside of Peru.
On a personal level this trekking location is intimately connected to Peru Eco Expeditions. Owner, Daniel Bustamante, family once owned the entire Wayracpunku Valley and it is where he has fond memories of playing on his grandparent’s hacienda as a child. After the agricultural revolution in Peru, which was helped started by Che Guevara, his family’s land was divided and large parcels where given to other families in this area. To this day his family still own vast amounts of the lower portion of the valley.
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Length: 9 KM (5.6 Miles)
Duration: 5 – 6 Hours (Depending on Skill Level of the Group)
7:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Trek to Maukallaqta Archaeological Site
– Visit to Puma Orqo Archaeological Site
– Gourmet Box Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– Entrance Fees to Archaeological Sites
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
Prices / Private Service:
$110.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$130.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$220.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
– Guide & Driver Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion)
– Pricing is valid through December 20, 2024.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Trek can be customized for the needs of the group.
Recommended Months of Operation:
– March – December (January & February are peak of the rainy season.)