Humantay Lake & Inca Ruins Trek
The Humantay Lake & Ruins Trek is a fully packed day trip from Cusco that allows guests to become fully immersed into the high Andes. After an early morning departure from Cusco, the group will make its way to the town of Soraypampa and begin the trek to Humantay Lake, located at 4,300 meters (14,107 feet). A brief stop will be made at Tarawasi archaelogical site to view Inca ruins enroute to the lake. The turquoise waters of Humantay Lake lay peacefully at the base of the picturesque Humantay Glacier and is one of the most stunning places in the Cusco Region of Peru. Once at the lake, guests will have time at leisure for photography, exploring the surrounding area and enjoying a gourmet box lunch. The group will then make their way back down the mountain and return to Cusco. This full day excursion is the perfect way for guests to experience trekking in the high Andes, but without having to spend a week of their time on the trail. Our personalized service to this incredible location would be a great inclusion to any Peru vacation!
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Lake Elevation: 4,300 Meters / 14,107 Feet
Length: 4.34 KM (2.27 Miles) / Roundtrip
Duration: 3 Hours (Depending on Skill Level of the Group)
6:30 AM – 6:15 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Brief Stop at Tarawasi Archaeological Site (Photo-Op)
– 3-Hour Roundtrip Trek to Humantay Lake
– 1-Hour of Leisure Time at Humantay Lake
– Gourmet Box Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– All Entrance Fees
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
Prices / Private Service:
$125.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$155.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$255.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
– Guide & Driver Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion)
– Pricing is valid through December 31, 2023.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Trek can be customized for the needs of the group.
Recommended Months of Operation:
– March – December (January & February are peak of the rainy season.)