Chinchero – Urquillos Trek
The Chinchero – Urquillos Trek is an amazing way to experience trekking in the Andes without the extra effort as this route is all downhill! Before starting the trek guests will observe a textile demonstration in the beautiful Chinchero region, which is world-renowned for its exquisite textiles. Beginning at the base of the archaeological site of Chinchero, the trail meanders down a stunning valley offering views of the snow-capped peaks of the Sacred Valley, lush waterfalls and peaceful eucalyptus forests. The trail itself is an old Inca trail and the last section follows an Incan water canal that is still in use today. The trek will conclude at the bottom of the Sacred Valley of the Incas!
As an enhancement a gourmet lunch at the luxurious property of Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness can be added onto your trekking experience!
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Length: 8 KM (4.97 Miles) / All Downhill
Duration: 4 Hours (Depending on Skill Level of the Group)
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Native Textile Demonstration in Chinchero
– Trek from Chinchero to Urquillos
– Gourmet Box Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
– Add on lunch at the beautiful Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness for an additional $25.00 Per Person
– Entrance Fee to Chinchero Archaeological Site
(Not Required – Trail Walks Along the Base of the Site / Can Be Included by Request)
– Guide Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion & Not Solicited)
– Minimum age to participate is 10 years old.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Trek can be customized for the needs of the group.
Days of Operation:
– March – December (Daily – Excluding Christmas Eve)
$110.00 USD Per Person (Based on a Minimum of 4+ Participants)
$135.00 USD Per Person (Based on a Minimum of 3 Participants)
$180.00 USD Per Person (Based on a Minimum of 2 Participants)