Chinchero – Urquillos Trek
The Chinchero – Urquillos Trek is an amazing way to experience trekking in the Andes without the extra effort as the route is almost entirely downhill! This trek is a great acclimatization trek for those embarking on longer treks through the Andes or for those who simply wish to spend a day immersed into the beautiful Andean countryside. Before starting the trek, guests will observe a native textile demonstration in the beautiful Chinchero region, which is world-renowned for its exquisite textiles created from traditional techniques. Beginning at the base of the archaeological site of Chinchero, the trail meanders down a stunning valley offering views of the snow-capped peaks of the Sacred Valley, lush waterfalls and peaceful eucalyptus forests. The trail itself is an old Inca trail and the last section follows an Incan water canal that is still in use today. The trek will conclude at the bottom of the Sacred Valley of the Incas!
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Length: 8 KM (4.97 Miles) / All Downhill
Duration: 4 Hours (Depending on Skill Level of the Group)
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Native Textile Demonstration in Chinchero
– Trek from Chinchero to Urquillos
– Poc Poc Waterfall
– Gourmet Box Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
Prices / Private Service:
$105.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$130.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$215.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
– Guide & Driver Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion)
– Pricing is valid through December 20, 2024.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Trek can be customized for the needs of the group.
Recommended Months of Operation:
– March – December (January & February are peak of the rainy season.)