4-Day Manu Amazon Adventure
The Manu Amazon Adventure was custom designed for adventure travelers who want to make the most out of a short time in the Amazon! This experience not only combines several adventure sports, it also traverses the peaks of the Andes into the lowland Amazon Basin. Guests will hike through pristine forests of the high Andes of Manu National Park into the Amazon cloud forest, where their mountain bikes will be waiting for the continued descent into the lush landscape below.
The adventure will continue with an early morning viewing of the cock of the rock (the National Bird of Peru) in its natural habitat and a boat ride to the native community of Shintuya. An afternoon rainforest hike will commence that will lead guests to a picturesque waterfall. Another early morning will take guests to a blue-headed macaw clay lick, where they can view hundreds of birds within multiple species gather for a clay-eating ritual. Upon returning to the lodge, guests will then have time to soak in volcanic heated hot springs until it is time to depart back to the cloud forest.
The final day of the expedition will be spent overlooking the Amazon cloud forest from a canopy walkway and mountain biking through the Andes into the Sacred Valley of the Incas en route back to Cusco!
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Day 1: Hike Manu National Park / Mountain Bike From Andes to Amazon
Day 2: Cock of the Rock Lek / Boat to Shintuya / Waterfall Hike
Day 3: Blue-Headed Macaw Clay Lick / Hot Springs & Return to Cloud Forest
Day 4: Cloud Forest Canopy Walkway / Mountain Bike into the Sacred Valley
– Organization of Expedition
– Private Transportation to/from Cusco
– Private Boat from Atalaya to Shintuya (Roundtrip)
– Professional Amazon Naturalist / Biking Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Private Cook
– Full Suspension Mountain Bikes
– Helmet & Gloves
– (2) Nights in the Manu Cloud Forest Lodge
– (1) Night in the Manu Hot Springs Lodge
– Meals (Lunch from Day 1 to Lunch on Day 4)
– Snacks, Potable Water & Hot Drinks
– All Activities & Entrance Fees Listed in Itinerary
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
$700.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$850.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$999.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 3 Guests)
– Pricing is based on double occupancy of hotel rooms and current for 2020.
– The Manu Cloud Forest Lodge runs a generator for certain hours each day, therefore electronics can be charged.
– Please note that all activities are weather permitting and subject to change.
– Activities can be customized for the needs of the group.