4-Day Manu Amazon Adventure
The Manu Amazon Adventure was custom designed for adventure travelers who want to make the most out of a short time in the Amazon! This experience not only combines several adventure sports, it also traverses the peaks of the Andes into the lowland Amazon Basin. Guests will hike through pristine forests of the high Andes of Manu National Park into the Amazon cloud forest, where their mountain bikes will be waiting for the continued descent into the lush landscape below.
The adventure will continue with an early morning viewing of the cock of the rock (the National Bird of Peru) in its natural habitat and a boat ride to the native community of Shintuya. A stop will be made along the way to visit an oxbow lake for wildlife observation. Upon arrival to Shintuya, guests will meet the locals and partake in a cultural activity. The evening will be at leisure to enjoy the volcanic hot springs. Another early morning will take guests to a blue-headed macaw clay lick, where they will view multiple species of birds gather for a clay-eating ritual. A mid-morning rainforest hike will commence that will lead guests to a picturesque waterfall. Upon returning to the lodge, guests will bid farewell to our hosts and then make their way back into the cloud forest via private boat and transfer.
The final day of the expedition will be spent overlooking the Amazon cloud forest from a canopy walkway and mountain biking through the Andes into the Sacred Valley of the Incas en route back to Cusco!
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Day 1: Hike Manu National Park / Mountain Bike From Andes to Amazon
Day 2: Cock of the Rock Lek / Oxbow Lake / Boat to Shintuya / Hot Springs
Day 3: Blue-Headed Macaw Clay Lick / Waterfall Hike & Return to Cloud Forest
Day 4: Cloud Forest Canopy Walkway / Mountain Bike into the Sacred Valley
– Organization of Expedition
– Private Transportation to/from Cusco
– Private Boat from Atalaya to Shintuya (Roundtrip)
– Professional Amazon Naturalist / Biking Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Full Suspension Mountain Bikes with Helmet & Gloves
– (2) Nights in the Cock of the Rock Lodge
– (1) Night in the Manu Hot Springs Lodge
– Meals (Lunch from Day 1 to Lunch on Day 4)
– Snacks, Potable Water & Hot Drinks
– All Activities & Entrance Fees Listed in Itinerary
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
Prices / Private Service:
$1,100.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$1,275.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$1,450.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 3 Guests)
$1,840.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
– Guide & Driver Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion)
– Pricing is based on double occupancy of lodge rooms and current for 2023.
– The Cock of the Rock lodge runs a generator for certain hours each day, therefore electronics can be charged.
– Please note that all activities are weather permitting and subject to change.
– Experience can be further customized to meet the needs of the group.