Humantay Lake Trek & Mountain Bike Excursion
The Humantay Lake Trek & Mountain Bike Excursion is a fully packed day trip from Cusco that allows our guests to become fully immersed into the high Andes. After an early morning departure from Cusco we will drive to the town of Soraypampa and begin our trek to Humantay Lake, located at 4,300 meters (14,107 feet). A brief stop will be made at Tarawasi Archaelogical Site to view Inca ruins enroute to the lake. The turquoise waters of Humantay Lake lay peacefully at the base of the picturesque Humantay Glacier and is one of the most stunning places in the Cusco Region of Peru. Once at the lake guests will have time at leisure for photography, exploring the surrounding area and enjoyin their gourmet box lunch. The group will then make their way back down the mountain to departure from this serene landscape on mountain bikes! The trail will meander through the Andes from Soraypampa to the town of Mollepata. This ride is mostly downhill and suited for beginners. This full day excursion is the perfect way for guests to experience adventure sports in the high Andes!
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Lake Elevation: 4,300 Meters (14,107 Feet)
Trek Length: 7-KM (4.35 Miles) + Hike from Parking Lot to Trailhead (Roundtrip)
Trek Duration: 3-Hours (Estimate – Depending on Skill Level of the Group)
Bike Distance: 12-Kilometers (Can Be Extended On-Site by Request)
Bike Duration: 2-Hours (Can Be Extended On-Site by Request)
6:30 AM – 7:30 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation to/from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Brief Stop at Tarawasi Archaeological Site (Photo-Op)
– 3-Hour Roundtrip Trek to Humantay Lake
– Leisure Time at Humantay Lake
– Gourmet Box Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– 2 – 3 Hour Downhill Bike Ride
– Full Suspension Bike, Helmet & Gloves
– All Entrance Fees
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
Prices / Private Service:
$165.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$195.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$295.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
– Guide & Driver Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion)
– Pricing is valid through December 20, 2024.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Experience can be customized for the needs of the group.
Recommended Months of Operation:
– March – December (January & February are peak of the rainy season.)