Ausangate 7 Lake Trek
The Ausangate 7 Lake Trek is a fully packed day trip from Cusco that allows guests to immerse into the high Andes! Ausangate is the highest mountain in Cusco standing at 6,384 meters / 20,945 feet. This area offers a plethora of natural beauty and is known for its stunning snow-capped peaks and numerous glacier lakes. The trek begins in a small village and meanders its way through a picturesque Andean valley populated by grazing alpacas. It then ascends towards the towering peaks, revealing several glacier lakes that are home to different species of native birds. This experience is perfect for those that want to create a multi-sport full day excursion as guests can customize their day to include horseback riding, trekking and a visit to local hot springs!
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Starting Elevation: 4,200 Meters / 14,780 Feet
Highest Elevation: 4,600 Meters / 15,090 Feet
Length: 12 – 15 KM (7.5 – 9 Miles) / Roundtrip
Duration: 5 – 7 Hours (Depending on Skill Level of the Group)
6:00 AM – 7:30 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– 5 – 7 Hour Roundtrip Trek
– Hot Springs After Trek
– Gourmet Box Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– All Entrance Fees
– First Aid Kit
Prices / Private Service:
$125.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$150.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$250.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
Additional Service – Horse with Horseman:
$40.00 USD Per Horse
– Guide & Driver Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion)
– Pricing is valid through December 31, 2023.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Trek can be customized for the needs of the group.
Recommended Months of Operation:
– March – December (January & February are peak of the rainy season.)