Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Day Trek
The Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Day Trek is an amazing experience in the Vilcanota Mountain Range of the Andes and a great alternative to the Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain Trek! This mini trek is perfect for travelers who want to view the colorful mountains of this region without the extra effort of partaking in a full day high altitude trek. It is also a great option for those traveling with their children. Although Palccoyo is at high altitude, the trail itself is short, relatively flat and is far less crowded than Vinicunca. The views of the striated mountains are absolutely spectacular and on clear days you can see the snow-capped peaks of Ausangate, Mariposa, Nevado del Inca and many more glaciated mountains in the distance! The tour will also incorporate a cultural stop in Checacupe where guests can walk across a traditionally created Inca bridge as well as view the interior of an artistically painted church. The Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Day Trek is an excellent way to spend a full day in the high Andes without the extra effort!
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Start Elevation: 4,787 Meters / 15,705 Feet
Highest Elevation: 4,900 Meters / 16,076 Feet
Length: 5.6 KM (3.5 Miles) / Roundtrip
Duration: 2 – 3 Hours (Depending on Guest Preference)
7:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Cultural Stop at Checacupe for Traditional Rope Bridge & Church Visit
– Roundtrip Trek to Palccoyo Rainbow Mountains
– Leisure Time for Photography & Enjoyment
– Gourmet Box Lunch with Beverage
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– All Entrance Fees
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
Prices / Private Service:
$125.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$150.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$250.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
– Guide & Driver Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion)
– Pricing is valid through December 31, 2023.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
– Trek can be customized for the needs of the group.
Recommended Months of Operation:
– March – December (January & February are peak of the rainy season.)