3-Day Tres Cruces Amazon Trek
The Tres Cruces Amazon Trek was specifically designed by Peru Eco Expeditions for experienced adventure trekkers to become completely immersed into the beauty of the Amazon cloud forest. This experience is unlike any other as it combines high Andes trekking within Manu National Park with dense jungle trekking through the Amazon cloud forest’s Manu Biosphere Reserve. What makes this expedition entirely unique is its unsurpassed natural beauty and rugged remoteness as it is completely surrounded by pristine wilderness.
Guests will hike through the high Andes of the world renowned Manu National Park to Tres Cruces de Oro, where they will camp for the night. At first light they will be awakened to catch the first glimpse of the sun rising over the Amazon Basin and tropical Andes below. After eating a hot breakfast, trekkers will then begin their full day, deep jungle hike into the Amazon cloud forest. This area is rich in exotic tropical flora and fauna and offers several scenic overlooks along the way. The remote location and beauty of this area attracts birdwatchers, photographers, wildlife observers and adventure seekers alike. Upon completion of the trek, guests will be transported to their jungle lodge where they can relax for the evening.
The following day guests will rise early to observe the cock of the rock (the National Bird of Peru) dancing ritual before departing from this unique environment. A stop will be made for a short nature walk to view spectacular vistas of the cloud forest below from a hanging canopy walkway. Guests will return to Cusco this evening having made lifelong memories. This expedition is the perfect addition to any Peru itinerary for those seeking a stunning, off the beaten path and remote location to explore!
**Please note that the hiking trails included within this experience are extremely technical & should be traversed by experienced hikers only.
**Please also note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
Day 1: High Andes Hike Through Manu National Park
Day 2: Sunrise at Tres Cruces / Amazon Full Day Trek
Day 3: Cock of the Rock Lek / Cloud Forest Canopy Walkway
– Organization of Expedition
– Private Transportation to/from Cusco
– Professional Amazon Naturalist Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Private Cook for Camping
– (1) Night Camping at Tres Cruces with All Equipment
– (1) Night in the Cock of the Rock Lodge
– All Meals (Lunch from Day 1 to Lunch on Day 3)
– Snacks, Potable Water & Hot Drinks
– All Activities & Entrance Fees Listed in Itinerary
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
Prices / Private Service:
$625.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6+ Guests)
$750.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$1,100.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
– Guide & Driver Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion)
– Pricing is based on double occupancy of camping tents / lodge rooms and current for 2023.
– The lodge runs a generator for certain hours each day, therefore electronics can be charged.
– Please note that all activities are weather permitting and subject to change.
– Experience can be further customized to meet the needs of the group.