Luxury Archaeoastronomy Dining Experience
Spend a luxurious evening completely immersed into the Andean cosmology! Private transportation will be provided from Cusco to a stunning hacienda overlooking the city. Upon arrival, you will be greeted with a welcome beverage & passed appetizers in their exclusive museum. A tour & historical overview of the property will then be conducted. It will then be time to enjoy a delectable 3-course dinner menu with wine pairing inside of this beautiful estate. Directly following dinner, a presentation will commence in regards to the Inca cosmology, archaeoastronomy & the dark constellations. From here, we will take a short walk to the planetarium, where hot beverages will be waiting for us under the starry sky! Inside the dome we will further delve into the unique beliefs of the Incas before heading outside to enjoy stargazing with state-of-the-art telescopes! An Andean flute player will accompany the stargazing to complete this unique experience in the mountains above Cusco!
What makes this dining experience stand out above all the rest is its unique location & historical connection to the Inca. The first owner of this spectacular hacienda & its surrounding area was Francisca Pizarro Yupanqui, daughter of Francisco Pizarro and Princess Inka Quispe Sisa, from the Panaka of Huayna Capac. La Princesita, as they fondly referred to her as, was considered the first Peruvian child born of two worlds. She was celebrated with the hope of a new nation, one which would be strengthened in its differences and diversity.
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
5:00 PM – 8:45 PM (Estimate)
– Private Roundtrip Transportation from Hotel
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Passed Appetizers & Welcome Beverage in the Museum
– Tour & History of Hacienda
– 3-Course Luxury Dinner: Salad, Main Entree with Wine Pairing & Dessert
– Presentation About Archaeoastronomy
– Short Walk to Planetarium Following Dinner
– Dome Presentation / Hot Beverage Station
– Exclusive Stargazing with Professional Telescopes
– Andean Flute Player During Stargazing
– Waitstaff Gratuity
– Please note that all activities are weather permitting and subject to change.
– Experience can be customized for the needs of the group.
– A countryside hike can be added onto this excursion for no additional cost.
– Rock climbing, rappelling and/or horseback riding can be added onto this excursion for an additional cost.
– Guide gratuity is not included nor solicited.
Days of Operation:
– Daily (Excluding Christmas Eve & Christmas / New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day)
*Best Visibility for Stars is the Dry Season: April – October
$170.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 6 Guests)
$190.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4 Guests)
$275.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)