Horseback Ride, Temple of the Moon & Rock Climb Excursion
The Horseback Ride, Temple of the Moon & Rock Climb Excursion is perfect for those guests interested in a multi-sport day activity as well as in the surrounding archaeological sites around Cusco. This tour will begin with a private transportation pick-up from your hotel in Cusco. From there we will drive for approximately 15-minutes into the mountains above Cusco. A brief stop will be made at Cristo Blanco for guests to enjoy sweeping views of Cusco City below. We will then continue to the trailhead for the horseback ride. After a short briefing it is time to saddle-up! Participants will enjoy a scenic horseback ride with views of the majestic mountains surrounding Cusco as well as various archaeological sites. At the Temple of the Moon we will dismount our horses and explore the ruins located at this site. Your guide will provide informative narration throughout.
It will then be time to continue the horseback ride. This section of the trail will meander through the Cusquenan countryside and eucalyptus forests. We will then say goodbye to our horses and go on a short hike to the Balcon del Diablo (Devil’s Balcony). This is a beautiful location carved into a limestone rock face that overlooks a flowing stream. It is a perfect location for a photo-op prior to climbing! After a brief stop we will finish hiking to the rock climbing location. There we will be given a short briefing, gear-up and have fun on the rock! The ascent up the rock face is 15.25 meters / 50 feet and perfect for beginners. The climb is finished off with a rappel down the rock. After the conclusion of our rock climbing session we will enjoy a delicious gourmet picnic lunch and then head back to Cusco via private transportation.
**Please note that Peru Eco Expeditions specializes in & exclusively operates private departures.
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Estimate)
Optional Add-On – Rappel Balcon del Diablo:
– 38 Meters / 125 Feet
– Additional 1 Hour Activity Time – Per 2 Guests
– Private Roundtrip Transportation to/from Cusco
– Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish Speaking)
– Approximate 1-Hour Horseback Ride
– 15-Minute Exploration at Temple of the Moon
– All Rock Climbing Equipment
– Gourmet Picnic Lunch
– Snacks & Water to Refill
– First Aid Kit & Oxygen
– Guide Gratuity (At Your Own Discretion & Not Solicited)
– Minimum age to participate is 10 years old.
– Height & weight of participants must be provided in advance.
– No rock climbing or horseback experience is required to participate in this activity.
– Tour time is subject to change based on the size & skill level of the group.
Days of Operation:
– March – December (Daily – Excluding Christmas Eve)
$150.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 4+ Guests)
$170.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 3 Guests)
$200.00 USD Per Person (Minimum 2 Guests)
$ 20.00 USD Additional Per Person for Rappel Balcon del Diablo