COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our guests, staff and the local population we interact with during our expeditions has always been of the utmost importance to all of us at Peru Eco Expeditions. Amidst these changing times, we have established additional protocols to ensure the continued safety of all aspects of our operation. We are also offering flexible cancellation policies and complimentary date changes for the convenience of our guests.
Peru Eco Expeditions has always specialized in private service with personalized attention. We have never, nor will ever combine any of our groups together. Each group is operated exclusively with private transportation as well as a private guide.
Please find an overview of our newly adopted safety protocols below:
Peru Eco Expeditions Office:
– Our office is administrative only and utilized exclusively for our own operation, equipment storage & business meetings with our vendor partners.
– Our office is stocked with hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes & face masks.
– Each person must apply hand sanitizer prior to entering our office.
– All office equipment is wiped down after each use.
– All food prep, cooks & assistant cooks are to wear gloves, face masks & hair nets while preparing food in a clean environment.
– Reverse osmosis filtered water is used to clean all reusable box lunch containers & dishware.
– The Peruvian government is currently working on developing specific COVID-19 safety protocols for the food & beverage industry. We will adopt these policies once officially confirmed.
– Prior to service each vehicle will be properly disinfected and inspected.
– Each vehicle to have hand sanitizer, gloves & face masks onboard.
– Driver to clean interior of vehicle & door handles during each sightseeing or activity stop with disinfectant wipes.
– Guides will be thoroughly briefed & updated on all new safety protocols & procedures.
– Guides to have hand sanitizer with them at all times during the tours.
– Guides will abide by all Peruvian government regulations as pertaining to COVID-19 and ensure guests do as well.
– Peru Eco Expeditions will stay updated on government mandates & regulations for visiting archaeological sites / visitor attractions & immediately implement new protocols based on the most current information, if necessary.
Adventure Sport Equipment:
– All adventure sport equipment will be thoroughly disinfected & sanitized after each use. This is also our normal standard operating procedure, but we will be even more vigilant due to the current situation.
Flexible Cancellation Policies:
– Expeditions or experiences effected by travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic will be offered complimentary rescheduling to alternate dates.
– Peru Eco Expeditions will work closely with clients who cannot reschedule their dates in order to provide them with the optimum refund amount.